Friday, March 24, 2006

Left-Handed Snails

Were you frowning when you read that title? Were you thinking, "WTH?!?" If you weren't, you need to go back to 5th grade and re-take biology courses!

Yahoo! recently came out with a news article telling how left-handed snails are better at defending against predators than right-handed snails (Snails Have Hands?!). Well, HEEEEEEEELLO!! Those people at Yahoo! must be social science majors that failed science classes in high school! Sorry to break it to them, but snails DON'T have hands! There are many other adjectives that the Yahoo! people could have used, such as "left-swirled," "left-coiled", and etc. But since news articles are typically written with a 3rd-graders' mind-set...what can you say? Gotta love Yahoo!

1 Comments:

At 3/24/2006 11:03 AM, Blogger Ostrich Birdies said...

As a left-hander and someone who chooses to move at a snail's pace while walking, I would have to say that I am, in fact, a left-handed snail. I also leave a trail behind me like a snail -- however, it is a fart trail. And as for the article that mentions that these left-handed snails tend to survive crab attacks, I, too, have not fallen victim to crabs.

I am the greatest ever left-handed snail! - Ostrich

 

Post a Comment

<< Home