It's NOT Npumpkin, Nsquash, Nmelon, Ngourd!
So, last nite my friends and I went out to eat at Tsuruhashi's (Japanese BBQ) for dinner. There was this vegetable that was orange fleshed and when grilled, it tasted sweet. So, I finally figured out what the vegetable was, but I only knew the Chinese name ( "南瓜"). I said that in the supermarkets, the English name started with a "N" so being the smart-ass friends they were, they were like, "npumpkin", "nsquash" etc.
Badstards. The name of the vegetable starts with a "N" and NO, it's not a silent "N"!
I looked it up at work this morning (cause gege instigated it with his MSN name) and this is what the vegetable looked like:

And here's the description of the Nam Pumpkin from http://www.foodsubs.com/Squash.html#kabocha%20squash
"kabocha squash = Japanese squash = Japanese pumpkin = nam gwa = sweet mama = kabachi Pronunciation: kuh-BOW-tchah Equivalents: 1 cup cubed raw squash = 116 grams Notes: This orange-fleshed winter squash has a striated green rind. It's sweeter, drier, and less fibrous than other winter squash, and it tastes a bit like sweet potatoes. Substitutes: butternut squash OR acorn squash OR turban squash OR other winter squash"
Biatches, I knew it was right!!
3 Comments:
meh......its Pumpkinam!
you're all blind! it's green damn it! GREEN!
beach
Post a Comment
<< Home