Monday, February 13, 2006

Day of Lovers...Or Day of Money-Making Scheme?

Valentine's Day is fast approaching and for some of you, it's a day of dread and despair. It's a special day set aside to commemorate the love shared between 2 people. However, I think it's a load of crap. I've always thought that it's just a day set aside so retailers can make money. D00d, even St. Patrick's Day, there's a sale...and it's a "special" day too! But com'on, think about it. If 2 people are in-love, why do they need a "special" day to remind each other how much they love one another? To them, EVERYDAY should be special! Every second/minute/hour/day should be Valentine's Day and be treasured. So for y'all out there who are racking your brains on what to get your significant others, you should be ashamed of yourself! If you had treated your significant other like s/he was #1, Valentine's Day would be just like any other day in the year.

3 Comments:

At 2/13/2006 5:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

someone needs some extra luvin' & attention <3

 
At 2/13/2006 9:50 PM, Blogger Ostrich Birdies said...

You are so right! Even those who celebrate "Black Valentine's" day become used by the marketing machine. Luckily, I have two "dates" tomorrow, and I think one of them is treating me. And they're not even related to me!

 
At 2/13/2006 10:06 PM, Blogger robchang said...

Hey man, don't be dissing on Irish people. They have leprechauns and Conan (O'Brien).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home