Sunday, May 14, 2006

Happy Mother's Day

Today, I went to Rose Hills to see my mom. I've never seen that many people there. The cars were backed up all the way from Rio Hondo College to Rose Hills. I don't think there were that many cars last year on Mother's Day. As I was driving up, I saw families sitting around the grave, having picnics, playing with the dogs, chatting with other family members, etc.

I felt sort of felt envious. These people had a place where they could sit down and have a picnic, whereas in the Buddhist Columbarium one just goes there to pray and then leave. Vast difference in the 2 religious cultures. It didn't feel "complete." But at least my mom's plaque was near eye level so I could at least have a conversation with her. I don't know how the others do it if their deceased family member's plaque was at the ceiling level. Perhaps it is one of those things that if you talk to them in your heart, they will be able to hear you?

For those of you who take your mom for granted or underappreciate your mother, you should start giving your mom more attention. Or at least tell her you love her and appreciate her. You don't get a second chance once something happens. So, don't yell at your mom, don't think she's bothersome, don't give your mom a cold shoulder. Give her a big hug and kiss, talk to her. I envy all those with mothers out there. May all mothers be happy today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home